Monday, December 10, 2012

Staring contest

A fellow Yogini couldn't have said it better. Like her, I was having a "staring contest" with my mat which has been going on for almost two months now. It beckons me as it leans against my wall and I look back at it intently but lack the will to approach. What is wrong with me?  I fear the longer I am off the mat, the harder it will be for me to get on it.

My lack of enthusiasm can be explained by one, having no time for myself and, two, by feelings of trepidation and being intimidated by having to ease back into a physically and mentally demanding practice such as ashtanga vinyasa yoga.  Thirdly,  much as I would like to go to the shala for adjustments (I hate to admit) I am trailing others in my practice as it seems second series is the new first series these days. Sigh! There I've said it. My ego is getting in the way of my practice. Bad, bad, Yogini.


No comments:

Post a Comment