Thursday, May 27, 2010

hOMe at last!

I have been counting the days before coming back on the mat. It's been a whole month already! Ladies holiday and a nasty stomach bug have prevented me from practising. But by Tuesday evening I was warmly welcomed at hOMe. My classmates were quick to offer health remedies to me. From Art, cantaloupe and watermelon shake to cool down and Berocca to perk up. Saar also swears by the efficacy of OMX tablets against bacterial attacks.

So much has transpired during my absence: Lai has advanced past Marich B, Art survived 108 sun salutes in memory and celebration of Guruji, Ana looks like she's flying in her jump throughs (although I think she doesn't realise it), we have also been joined by Lisa a newbie, and the road fronting hOMe is finally, practically paved!

It was also eventful for me because I was really craving for the positive energies from my teacher, fellow practitioners, and the room after feeling so cloistered, bedridden, sluggish and all those negative words associated with being ill. Their good vibrations made my practise so enjoyable, even painless. I'm also happy to report my progress with Supta Kurmasana (my new nemesis, foe and this year's Marichy D). Can't cross and bind my feet just yet. But I was able to get smoothly, with no stops from Supta Kurmasana to Tithibasana, Bakasana then to Chaturanga with E simply calling out the poses. Such a sweet surprise, almost like I was given a present. I also expected some resistance doing the backbend but I was able to lift myself off the floor quite easily. Dropbacks with E came more naturally this time and with less stiffness. Makes me wonder where all my strength was coming from given that I had just recovered from intestinal flu.

Melanie + yoga = Meant to be.

I have been in and out of hOMe since March. I should start calling this blog On and off the mat. Om.

No comments:

Post a Comment